National Poverty Reduction and Eradication Programmes Co-ordinating Unit (N PREP-CU)
What is the programme about?
- Fostering an integrated approach to poverty reduction, through stakeholder partnerships/collaboration (3P’s private, Public, People) through the Regional Social and Human Development Councils.
- Engaging in civil society network as strategic partners for poverty reduction in T&T.
- Delivering key poverty eradication projects that would address poverty and vulnerability sustainability at individual and community levels. These projects include the Micro Enterprise and Training Grant (MEG), The Micro Enterprise Loan Facility (MEL), Telecenters and the Regional Micro Project Fund (RMPF).
What does this programme aim to achieve?
This programmes aims to:
- Improve the delivery of poverty reduction services by the decentralization of poverty interventions through the establishment of Regional Social and Human Development Councils (RSHDCs)
- Strengthen the institutional framework for poverty reduction through the establishment of the Network of Civil Society Organisations
Who is targeted?
Persons who are unemployed, women, youths, single mothers and voluntary community based organizations.
How to apply?
Interested persons are requested to contact the Ministry of the People and Social Development, National Poverty Reduction and Eradication Programmes Co-ordinating Unit (N PREP-CU).
Ministry of the People and Social Development
CL Financial Building
39-43 St Vincent Street, Port of Spain
Tel: +(868) 623-2608 Ext. 5018/5015